Thursday, September 7, 2017

Dubrovnik, Croatia, to Igalo, Montenegro - Day 2

Thursday, September 7, 2017

We arrived in Dubrovnik about 4:30 pm after a very long travel day (actually, it was almost 24 hours since I left my house).  But the journey was pleasant. I sat with a woman named Sharon on my flight from Dulles to Munich and then to DBV. She was going on the OAT trip to the Balkans that I had considered. We are about the same age and had a great conversation about our travels and traveling alone. Hope we stay in touch. She snagged this photo of Dubrovnik from the airplane since she had a window seat. If you look closely, you can see the old wall surrounding the city.

My group of 23 Road Scholar participants assembled at the airport and took a bus about an hour away to Igalo, Montenegro, near Kotor.  We are staying at the Palmon Bay Hotel and Spa - very new 4-star hotel with views of Herceg Novi Bay. This is the view from my room. Notice the swimming pool in the foreground.


We had a short meeting about travel rules and then had a buffet dinner at the hotel. It was decent with lots of variety.

Afterwards, I could see a lot of activity below on the street so I had to join them. There is a wonderful promenade along the waterfront and many people were walking with their children. This place is really a resort and the walkway is flanked by restaurants and shops selling beach wear. But the weather was delightful and it was a perfect evening for a stroll. And over the Bay was the same full moon that Ed is looking at in Louisville. Really is a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment